A fresh slice of history returns to St. Matthews on Saturday, August 27th, 2022 when the St. Matthews Potato Festival returns for the first time since 1952. This reimagined festival will be produced by The Chamber of St. Matthews for The City of St. Matthews. Bringing good old-fashioned fun and plenty of nostalgia to the area this one-day event promises to be a-peel-ing to our area residents!
The entire family can enjoy bushels of fun well into the evening with something for everyone; from the Tasty Tater Cook-Off featuring area restaurants and food vendors showing off their special potato dish, to the Spud Putt a special hole in one contest, to the Tater Trot a fun walk through the park, to the Mashed Potato Hits concerts in the park…and so much more! There will also be a wide selection of vendors including a craft show to showcase all your non-potato wares and a kids zone – all completely free!
- 12:00 pm Festival Opens (vendors, kids zone, craft area etc.)
- 1:00 pm Spud Putt Begins
- 1:30 pm Mashed Potato Hits First Band hits the Stage
- 2:00 pm Tater Trot Begins
- 2:45 pm Mashed Potato Hits Second band hits the stage
- 3:30 pm Tasty Tater Cook-Off judging begins
- 4:00 pm Mashed Potato Hits Third band hits the stage
- 5:00 pm Mashed Potato Hits Fourth/Final band hits the stage
- 5:30 pm Tasty Tater Cook-off Judging completes – winner announced
- 6:00 pm That’s Spud-all Folks! Festival wraps
Vendor, Food, Cook Off, Tater Trot, and Craft Registrations will open soon!
Sponsorships are also available for this event! If you’d like to find out more please reach out to Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-899-2523 to find out more.