Overview & Qualification
Excellence is a way of life in our community. The dedication of outstanding organizations and individuals – continually striving to be the best, improving their community in the process, makes this region such a vibrant place to do business, work and live. The Chamber of St. Matthews Business Awards recognize this dedication to excellence.
You are invited to help recognize members of the Chamber of St. Matthews who have made a significant contribution to the surrounding community.
- Albert Sanders Award – The Albert Sanders Award is the Chamber of St. Matthews’ most distinguished honor. This award is given to the person that most exemplifies the passion and attitude that Albert Sanders, one of the Chamber’s founders, brought to the membership. Instituted in 1994, it is meant to honor one member each year that has demonstrated outstanding dedication to the Chamber throughout their tenure of service.
- Ambassador of the Year – The Ambassador of the Year award goes to the ambassador that has gone above and beyond the “call of duty”. This Ambassador spends countless hours cultivating strong relationships with new members, is a friendly face at every Chamber event, and so much more.
- Community Champion – This award recognizes a business that has made an in-depth, long-term contribution to the community over the years. The winner will excel in any area of unpaid endeavor of education, social services, youth, work, and community improvement.
- Community Pride – This award recognizes an individual who has been a long time volunteer to one or more organizations in the community.
- Community Service – This award recognizes an individual or individuals who go above and beyond the call of duty for the community at large. This award is open to members of local law enforcement, emergency services, firefighters, and other first responders that have made a lasting impact on the community they serve.
- Excellence in Teaching – This program is designed to focus on the overall dedication to service and excellence in the education profession. The winner can be a teacher, guidance counselor, library media specialist, or administrator that has made an outstanding impact on education.
- Large Business of the Year – Open to businesses over 100 employees.
- New Member of the Year – Each year the Chamber recognizes a New Member of the Year, this award is to honor the achievements of our new members. The award is chosen by activity, involvement, and nominations.
- Small Business of the Year – Open to businesses under 100 employees.